Friday, October 12, 2007

Italian Chicken

Okay! So I'm finally contributing to a blog!! This is a recipe for that chicken I make sometimes. I'm not sure if the measurements are correct because I never measure myself!

5 breasts of chicken
1-2 T. olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 chopped onion
2-3 cloves of grated garlic
¼ chopped red pepper
1 can tomatoes or 3-4 fresh tomatoes (or use some of both)
Sun-dried tomatoes (if desired)
1 T. fresh basil
Italian spices (whichever you prefer i.e., oregano, parsley, etc.)
Lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
Veggies of your choice (squash, eggplant, green beans, artichoke hearts, spinach)


Heat olive oil on stovetop. Add chicken breasts and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Brown on both sides over medium-high heat. In a separate dish sauté the onion, garlic, and red pepper in 1 T. butter. Add the sauted veggies to the chicken. Then add the tomatoes, basil, and other seasonings of your choice. Cook together over low heat for 30-40 minutes (until tender). Keep stirring it and watching it as you may have to add a little water to the sauce. The last 10 minutes add additional veggies if desired (yellow squash and zucchini, green beans, eggplant, artichoke hearts). Finish it off by throwing on a handful of spinach and freshly grated parmesan cheese, and squeeze lemon juice on top.

1 comment:

  1. Heather, I am glad to see you hadn't dropped off of the planet! I've been trying to call you for a week now! I'm excited to try your recipe...

    ReplyDelete